Ponoka Minor Hockey Association Raffle Rules
1. Tickets shall not be sold to a person under 18 years of age and there is a requirement that the licensed charity's raffle ticket sellers advise adult ticket buyers not to write the name of the person under 18 of age on the ticket.
2. There is no restrictions as to whether PMHA members can buy their own or other members tickets and therefore win a prize as the draw will be done randomly with non-partial witnesses in attendance.
3. 4300 tickets will be printed. There must be a minimum of 1300 tickets sold in order for the raffle to carry on as this will cover the prizes and expenses. The deadline date for this will be Feb 23rd.
4. Tickets will be sold as $10 per ticket
5. 100% of the proceeds will go to Ponoka Minor Hockey Association
6. Early bird draw date will be February 2, 2018in the amount of $600 at the Ponoka Culture and Rec Center, 4410 54 street, Ponoka, Alberta, in the upstairs lobby
7. Main Prize draws will be March 2, 2018 at the Ponoka Culture and Rec Center 4410 54 street, Ponoka, Alberta in the upstairs lobby.
8. Main prize consist of $5000, $2000, and $1000
9. All sold tickets will be in a raffle drum and will be drawn out starting with the early bird ticket on Feb 2. This ticket stub will be place back into the drum and be eligible for the main prizes. On March 2, the grand prize will be drawn first ($5000), followed by the 2nd prize ($2000) and lastly by the 3rd prize ($1000). On March 2nd, once a ticket is drawn for the Grand Prize it will no longer be eligible for any other prizes. After the 2nd prize is drawn, it will not be eligible for the 3rd prize.
10. The cash prizes will be awarded via cheque for the amount of the prize.
11. There are no substitutes for the cash prize. It will be awarded as a cheque in the winner's name
12. If the winner of a prize cannot be located as per AGLC regulations:
all raffle winners have one year from the date of the draw to claim their prize. The licensed charity shall secure or place in safekeeping unclaimed prizes for a period of one year from the date of the draw. If at that time the prize has still not been claimed, the prize or cash equivalent to the fair market value of the prize shall be donated to a charitable beneficiary approved by AGLC.
13. All raffle ticket sale are final and there will be no refunds
14. Any ticket stub that has two names on it and if that stub has been selected to win a prize, the first name on the ticket stub will be the official winner. The AGLC and PMHA are not responsible for any disputes which may arise between different individuals whose names appear on the ticket stub